- More about Essay on Hispanic Marketing in Latinos INC by Arlene Davila
- New Arrivals
- Latinos, Inc: The Marketing and Making of a People
- About De Gruyter
- Latinos, Inc. by Arlene Dávila - Paperback - University of California Press
Cardiff Metropolitan University. Edge Hill University. University of Essex. University of Huddersfield Library. University of Hull. Liverpool John Moores University. Open University Library.
More about Essay on Hispanic Marketing in Latinos INC by Arlene Davila
Queen Margaret University Library. University of Reading Library. University of Sheffield Library. University of Surrey. Swansea University Libraries.
University for the Creative Arts. University of Warwick Library. University of York Libraries. It is with this mind that Arlene Davila attempts to dissect the complex world of Hispanic marketing and advertising. In Latinos, Inc.
- New Edition: Arlene Dávila’s “Latinos, Inc.”!
- Better Than An MBA.
- SearchWorks Catalog.
- The Time Eliminator: A Short Science Fiction Story;
- The Rain Imp.
- Pastoral Care With Young and Midlife Adults in Long-Term Care (Haworth Series in Chaplaincy)?
- Latinos, Inc. : the Marketing and Making of a People. (eBook, ) [wallcalalafit.ga].
The overall theme that is key to understanding Davila's research and conclusions is the notion that there is a gap between perception and reality, and between those who receive the images and those who create them. This chasm is what Davila explores throughout the book; we are constantly reminded that the perceptions and images of Latinos that dominate the marketing industry are far from reality.
Businesses and corporations are eager to find and exploit new markets through whatever means necessary. To find a new, undiscovered, or underdeveloped market is thought to be key to an organization's success. As the Latino population began to grow and become more affluent than ever, the attractiveness of the market was undeniable. Latinos occupy a different niche than what marketers deem to be 'middle America,' the average white consumer.
Because they seem to have different culture, mores, and traditions marketers find it easy to use these differences to sell products.
The problem is, who determines what Latino 'culture' is? This is where Davila comes in. In this well-written piece, Davila flexes her in-depth knowledge of the industry as she answers questions of ethnicity and authenticity with the astute eye of an anthropologist. Many of the people who make the decisions with regard to Latino advertising are either not Latino or prone to make sweeping generalizations about all Latinos based on their own experiences. What we learn, however, is that Latinos are a very diverse group with varying skin shades, dialects, and origins whose 'culture' cannot be neatly packaged by the advertising industry.
- Lexécuteur de la haute justice (Les enquêtes de Louis Fronsac) (French Edition);
- V: The V in Vulnerable (Vic and Matt: V Book 5);
- Psychology: The Key Concepts (Routledge Key Guides).
- Document Preview!
- Grimms Fairy Tales (Puffin Classics).
- About the Book.
- The Gospel of Wealth and Other Timely Essays;
- As I Sat Sadly By Her Side!
- Join Kobo & start eReading today?
- Iberian and Latin American Studies!
- Cobranza Eficiente en el Transporte de Carga (Spanish Edition);
Davila begins with a description of how the Hispanic advertising industry came to be. Here we learn that the original Latino advertisers came from a very select group and were networked by a dizzying array of connections. Central to their influence, however, were Spanish television networks that served a two-fold purpose: to prime a Latino market and serve as an entry point for these advertising professionals.
Latinos, Inc: The Marketing and Making of a People
Reporting from:. Your name. Your email. Send Cancel. Check system status. Toggle navigation Menu. Name of resource. Problem URL.
Describe the connection issue. SearchWorks Catalog Stanford Libraries. Latinos, Inc.
About De Gruyter
Edition Updated ed. Imprint Berkeley, Calif. Physical description xxxvii, p.
Online Available online. Green Library.http://memeschile.cl/wp-content/2020-05-25/3651-playas-gay.php
Latinos, Inc. by Arlene Dávila - Paperback - University of California Press
U6 D38 Unknown. More options. Find it at other libraries via WorldCat Limited preview.